Shared Care Agreement Wales

If you live in England and are registered in a family doctor`s office based in Wales, which is part of the transfer system and you need to be transferred to a hospital or clinic for treatment, you will be referred to the SAR, which offers you a selection of health care providers in England. If you live in Wales and are registered for a Welsh or English GP, you will not learn any changes to your current GP agreements. Decisions about who should take responsibility for subsequent care or care after the first diagnosis or assessment should be based on the patient`s well-being and not on your comfort or the cost of the medication and on the monitoring or follow-up associated with it. Local health services also offer emergency care/access sessions for patients who do not have regular access to NHS dental services. For more information on the helpline, visit NHS Direct Wales` WEBSITE. They should take into account the wishes of a patient if he wishes another person, . For example, a parent, partner, friend, caregiver or lawyer is either involved in discussions or helps them make decisions. In these circumstances, you must follow the guidelines set out in paragraphs 7 to 21. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of all health and social services in England. If you are happy to receive your treatment and treatment at a hospital or clinic in England, then your family doctor will be sent to the SAR for your data.

A member of the SAR will contact you to make an appointment at the hospital or clinic of your choice. If you prefer, you can still choose your treatment and treatment at a hospital or clinic in Wales. If you are cared for in Wales, you will receive a high quality NHS treatment according to the same standards and rules that apply in the Welsh NHS. The Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW) is the independent regulator of all healthcare in Wales. The Reference Assessment Service (SAR) is a referral system that allows English residents (registered with a Welsh family doctor`s office) to access the secondary care provider in England. The SAR serves as a single point of contact for Welsh border doctors` offices to refer Uk border patients to England for secondary care led by consultants. The SAR offers English residents the choice of secondary care in England in accordance with the rights of the NHS Constitution or referral to NHS Wales, which will be treated according to Welsh standards and guidelines, if the patient wishes. Shared care requires the agreement of all parties, including the patient. Effective communication and a permanent link between all parties to a joint care agreement are essential. If you are prescribing on the recommendation of another doctor, nurse or doctor, you must ensure that the prescription is required for the patient and as part of your skills.

In the case of the proposal for a common care plan, specialists can advise the patient`s family physician what medication should be prescribed. If you recommend a new or rarely prescribed medication, you should specify the dosage and means of administration and agree on a protocol for treatment. You must explain the use of unauthed drugs and deviations from recommended guidelines or treatments and provide sufficient information to the family physician and patient to enable safe treatment of the patient`s condition.14 If you share the responsibility of caring for a patient with a colleague, you must be competent to exercise your share of clinical responsibility. They should regulate and review: HIW, on behalf of Welsh ministers, NHS services and independent health care providers in Wales, against a range of standards, directives, guidelines and regulations, and highlight areas that need to be improved.